Arizona Ignition Interlock Laws and MVD Rules
We Are Here For You
At QuickStart Ignition Interlock, we understand how confusing the DUI process can be. We are here as a resource of knowledge for our clients. We know the more information you have about the laws and rules of the program, the easier it will be for you to navigate through the process.
Arizona MVD Interlock Program Rules
Make sure you understand the rules of the interlock program to help ensure a seamless interlock program. Here are some helpful hints
- Avoid using the interlock device for 20 minutes after using mouthwash or use an alcohol-free mouthwash.
- Make sure you reinstate your driving privileges with the DMV immediately following the installation of the interlock device.
- Do not contaminate the mouthpiece of the interlock device with perfumes, colognes, body sprays, hand sanitizer, etc. These substances contain alcohol.
- Do not leave your vehicle running while it is unattended as this is a sure way to miss a running test.
- Anyone who uses a vehicle other than yourself should be thoroughly trained on the use of the device. Quickstart will gladly help train them.
Arizona Ignition Interlock Resources
Arizona DOT Interlock Page: https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicles/driver-services/ignition-interlock
Online License Restoration Portal: https://servicearizona.com/reinstateLicense
Arizona DOT Screening and Treatment Providers: https://azdot.gov/sites/default/files/2019/06/screening-treatment-and-education-facilities-report.pdf
Arizona DUI Laws: https://www.azdps.gov/safety/impaired-driving
Single State Step
- Arizona’s Motor Vehicle Division sends a corrective action letter. Call your local MVD to get the date of ignition interlock eligibility or check online using this link. Install your interlock BEFORE you apply for license reinstatement.
- The Arizona MVD requires alcohol and/or drug screening. A list of providers is available here.
- The AZ MVD will notify you that you are eligible to reinstate. You must personally submit proof that an ignition interlock has been installed in your vehicle as well as complete any other requirements on the MVD notice. You can apply for reinstatement in person or online.
- Take treatment center classes as noted on the Screening Center Evaluation.
- Obtain and maintain SR-22 insurance. Your insurance company can help you with this.